This course is all about the importance of lesson planning and the principles of being organised for class. You’ll gain a greater understanding of the role that lesson planning has in a teaching schedule and how it is fundamental for success.
- Unit 1: Getting started
- Unit 2: Building a plan
- Unit 3: The nuts and bolts of tasks
- Unit 4: How did it go?
- Unit 5: Planning specialist lessons
- Unit 6: Review
What will I learn?
- Understand lesson planning as a skill, how important it is and what you need to know to be able to plan effectively.
- Learn how to build a lesson plan schedule and how to construct a 60-minute plan and the stages included.
- Understand the key aspects of tasks, from the introduction of the task to the ‘doing’ of it.
- Learn how to approach feedback and reviewing how tasks have gone. Reflection is key to progress and continual improvement. This unit also covers what to do if you go ‘off plan’.
- Gain knowledge about planning specialist lessons such as teaching one-to-one and business English, young learners and exam English.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you’re not sure, speak to a TEFL advisor who’ll give you expert advice.
- Develop and refine your lesson planning skills with this 25 hour course.
- Get a taste for TEFL training with this introductory module.
- Gain an entry level TEFL qualification.
- Upgrade your course at any time to gain a comprehensive TEFL qualification.