The 150 Hour Comprehensive Teacher Kit provides training for both new and experienced teachers to enhance the quality of their teaching and to update them on the current trends in TEFL.This kit includes video-based instruction with essential modules on Lesson Planning, Approach & Methodology, among others. In addition to your online course, you receive 5 e-books to continue your professional development.
The ultimate online teacher training package combines our most comprehensive online training with classroom guides and job application support.
This Comprehensive training package includes everything you’ll need to begin a TEFL career. You’ll study all 6 course modules and gain our most comprehensive TEFL/TESOL qualification. In addition to this you’ll receive the Ultimate TEFL Teacher’s Pack of 5 teaching e-books. You will also be able to request a CV/resume check from our team before applying for TEFL jobs. You’ll cover everything you need to know during this course and feel ready for a teaching adventure on completion
WHY TEFL EXPRESS?
- These courses are designed and developed by experienced TEFL teaching professionals
- Qualiﬁcations are accredited by ACCREDITAT*
- Qualiﬁcations are recognized internationally by ESL employers for Job Placements
- Qualiﬁcations are accepted internationally by immigration authorities for Visa Applications
- More than 20,000 people have graduated from these courses…
* ACCREDITAT is the international TEFL/TESOL accreditation body for TEFL/TESOL providers (http://accreditat.com/)
150 HOUR TEFL ESSENTIALS COURSE BREAKDOWN
25-HOUR TEFL ESSENTIALS: CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT COURSE
- Unit 1: An Introduction to Classroom Management
- Unit 2: Before the Lesson: The Importance of Planning
- Unit 3: Building the Foundations
- Unit 4: During the Lesson: Lesson Delivery and Classroom Management
- Unit 5: Know Your Students, and ﬁnally,
- Unit 6: Troubleshooting: Final Tips and Strategies
What will I learn?
- What classroom management is and why it’s important
- What can go wrong without adequate planning
- Classroom management strategies such as rules and routines, and why they are essential to effective classroom management
- The importance of knowing your English language students
- Practical classroom tips
25-HOUR TEFL ESSENTIALS: SKILLS
- Unit 1: Introduction to Teaching the four Skills
- Unit 2: Teaching Reading
- Unit 3: Teaching Writing
- Unit 4: Teaching Listening
- Unit 5: Teaching Speaking
- Unit 6: Assessing the Diﬀerent Skill
What will I learn?
- Three important concepts related to teaching the skills
- Identify four issues that are related to reading instruction
- Discover five issues related to writing instruction
- Examine the listening process, teaching listening strategies, and creating listening activities to help the students improve
- Consider issues related to speaking instruction
- Understand how to assess all four skills
25-HOUR TEFL ESSENTIAL: LEXIS AND PHONOLOGY
- Unit 1: Introduction to Lexis
- Unit 2: Lexis in the classroom
- Unit 3: Introduction to Phonology
- Unit 4: Phonology in speech
- Unit 5: Phonology in the classroom
What will I learn?
- What lexis is and the different ways it can be organised
- Explore the different ways we use lexis and understand how to present this to students in the classroom
- Grasp the basics of phonology and then move onto more advanced features of phonology found in connected speech
- How to use phonology in your classroom
25-HOUR TEFL ESSENTIALS: GRAMMAR COURSE
- Unit 1: An introduction to Grammar
- Unit 2: The Basics of English Grammar: word to sentence
- Unit 3: The Basics of English Grammar: being more speciﬁc
- Unit 4: What about teaching it?
- Unit 5: The basics of English grammar: expressing more complex meanings
- Unit 6: Grammar plus
What will I learn?
- What grammar really is and why we need it
- The general guiding principles that pull grammar together from individual words to complete sentences
- The most commonly taught grammar points
- The most successful techniques and approaches to teaching grammar and the typical problems learners face
- The guiding principles that help teachers to deal with more complex grammar
- How to integrate grammar teaching into teaching other components of English
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Building a Plan
- Unit 3: The Nuts and Bolts of Tasks
- Unit 4: How did it go?
- Unit 5: Planning Specialist Lessons
- Unit 6: Review
What will I learn?
- Understand lesson planning as a skill, how important it is and what you need to know to be able to plan effectively
- Learn how to build a lesson plan schedule and how to construct a 60-minute plan and the stages included
- Understand the key aspects of tasks, from the introduction of the task to the ‘doing’ of it
- Learn how to approach feedback and reviewing how tasks have gone. Reflection is key to progress and continual improvement. This unit also covers what to do if you go ‘off plan’
- Gain knowledge about planning specialist lessons such as teaching one-to-one and business English, young learners and exam English
25-HOUR TEFL ESSENTIALS: APPROACHES AND METHODOLOGY
- Unit I: Video Section: Inexperienced teacher with an elementary class
- Unit 2: Video Section: More experienced teacher with a pre-intermediate class
What will I learn?
- How to spot when a teacher contributes to students’ errors
- How to manage disruptive behaviour
- The do’s and don’ts of dealing with student errors
- How to use a student’s work to make your own teaching better
- How to become a skilled observer of both another teacher and yourself
- How to analyse your own teaching skills
- How to provide constructive feedback to a colleague – and how to use this to make YOU a better teacher
- What to do when students fail to understand instructions
- How to use flashcards effectively – and what happens when you don’t
- How to correct homework
- How to focus on a specific element of a teacher’s class work
The course is divided into two units, and focuses on video footage from two teaching scenarios. The videos are designed to enable you to practice turning the theory and knowledge you have gained during the course into practical teaching skills.
The first video shows the teacher in an elementary class. She is new to the classroom and you’ll look at some of the common errors new teachers make.
The second video will show the teacher a little later in the teaching year with a pre-intermediate class and will show you how she has progressed. You’ll also learn that, even with some experience, teachers still make mistakes and how best to learn from them.
Each video is broken into short clips for you to work on. After every section, there are practice activities to complete that will make sure you understand and are clear about what you’ve learnt. There are also downloads including reflection and action tasks, further practice tasks and knowledge reference sheets that you should print out to build a fantastic bank of training and teacher materials by the end of your TEFL training.
Each course unit contains 4-8 bite-sized sections. The sections will be a mix of video tuition where you’re guided by the course presenter, classroom footage and interviews with teachers and learners, reading sections with diagrams, illustrations and tables for you to study.
At the end of each unit you’ll watch real classroom footage of our teachers and students in action. They’ll give you a ﬂavour of what life in the classroom is really like and the best practices of how to teach the four skills.
After every section, there are practice activities to complete that will make sure you understand and are clear about what you’ve learnt. There are also downloads for every section including reﬂection and action tasks, further practice tasks and knowledge reference sheets that you should print out to build a fantastic bank of training and teacher materials by the end of your TEFL training.
ABOUT THE COURSE
- Video based with an intuitive and simple platform
- Easy to study and digest the information
- Exempliﬁes diﬀerent teaching methods to suit a variety of learning styles
- Covers all principles of the CELTA course and can serve as a preparation for the CELTA
- Accredited by ACCREDITAT
- Prepared by experienced professional teachers in the ﬁeld, the course is organised to provide the clearest and most eﬀective comprehension of the material
- Recognized by employers around the world as oﬀering high quality and exceptional academic standard!
WITH THIS COURSE YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Plan eﬀective and dynamic lessons
- Critically evaluate what makes a good lesson
- Have in depth knowledge of English grammar systems and vocabulary
- Feel conﬁdent teaching a range of diﬀerent levels – even if you don’t have classroom experience
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you’re not sure, speak to a TEFL advisor who’ll give you expert advice.
- Meet employer requirements with this internationally recognised course.
- Gain all the skills, conﬁdence and knowledge required to be a successful English teacher.
- Receive all the training you’ll need to begin a career teaching English abroad