Mackenzie School specialise in the provision of English language and culture with activity programmes for young students. The school is open 50 weeks of the year and welcomes student groups and individuals from all corners of the globe.
The school is situated in the Leith area of Edinburgh, approximately 1.5 miles from Princes Street. Leith is one of Edinburgh’s ‘towns within a larger town’ and has a real community feel. Students can feel safe in Leith as most people know Mackenzie School and give them a friendly Scottish welcome.
Our rigorously-checked hosts are located mostly on the north side of Edinburgh to ensure that students are placed as close to the school as possible and within an easy bus journey or walk to the school.
The school itself is located in a beautiful Victorian townhouse over-looking a large city park and boasts the following facilities:
Eight well-equipped, spacious and modern classrooms
Large front garden with picnic benches and parasols
Extensive common room with ample seating
Computer room with high-speed broadband and free wi-fi throughout the school
Games zone with pool, table football, table tennis, large screen TV with playstation 3, board games and musical instruments
Mackenzie Monoplex- a cinema system with a 3.5m screen and surround sound
2 weeks Package
From 16th June to 30th June
And 29th July to 25th August
- 15 hours per week of General English in international classes
- Homestay accommodation in shared rooms
- Full Board meal plan with half board during the week and full board at week ends
- Packed lunches during the week prepared on school premises
- Full culture and activity programme including 1 full day excursion and 1 half day excursion
- Taxis home after all evening activities
- Bus passes for the duration of the stay
- Teaching material
- Written report and certificate on completion of course
- Use of all school facilities
- 24 hour security on campus