Autobiographies and memoirs are two of the most popular categories of books today. But you don’t have to be famous or old to publish an account of your life. In this stimulating course, author Greg Watts shows you how you can begin writing your story and how you can publish it. He reveals some of the tricks of the trade, showing that writing your story is easier than you might think. He says, ‘There is only one way to learn to write and that is to sit down and write.
Should I write an autobiography or memoir?
- An introduction to memoirs and autobiography
- How to find the story of your life
- How do you decide what to include?
- Exploring ways to structure your story.
How to access your memories
- Using your senses to remember
- How to write about people
- How to write dialogue.
Make your story come alive
- How to write description
- How to keep your story moving
- Writing a journal
- Publishing your book