With a focus on English language development, our innovative summer camp also introduces young learners to basic concepts of robotics and coding.
Combined with 15 hours of English a week, students will learn to write computer programs and to load them into our robots to control their behaviour. Along the way they will learn what a robot is and use our robots to explore some key concepts in cognitive science. The course focuses on hands-on exploration of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) topics using a ‘SESCA’ robot with an Arduino Uno, as an example of a micro-controller based autonomous control system.
No experience of robotics or coding is necessary. Students will learn from the very beginning, through interactive workshops and seminars with robotics and coding professionals.
2 weeks course
From 30 June to 28 July 2019
- 15 hours (x 60 mins) of English language tuition per week
- Robotics & coding classes, activities and competitions (6 lessons per week)
- Transfers: Arrival & departure from Dublin airport
- A busy evening social programme
- A range of sports and activities on campus
- Residential accommodation (twin room, en-suite) on full board basis
- Full day excursion outside of Dublin
- Certificate of participation
2 Weeks: € 1,940
3 Weeks € 2,620
4 Weeks € 3,495
If you need a VISA, please contact us before booking online.