As companies internationalise, more and more executives are having to work in English and need to learn the basic communication behaviours used by native English speakers in international business. By learning simple techniques, you can dramatically increase your fluency and confidence in the four key communication areas:
EIC is a two-day programme designed to help you optimise your performance in these crucial areas and to develop the language and behaviour strategies you need to operate successfully and with confidence on the international stage. EIC is appropriate for small groups or for individuals.
EIC uses filming and role-play to practise the skills taught on the programme and each programme is adapted to the market priorities of group members.
DAY 1 AM PRESENTATIONS
- How to introduce yourself effectively and catch the attention of your interlocutor
- How the world communicates (the six styles of international communication)
- How to structure a presentation so that it NEVER goes wrong
- How to make a presentation
- How to ask and deal with questions and interruptions
DAY 1 PM MEETINGS
- How to structure an international meeting
- How to get the attention of the chair and get time to make your point
- How to chair and take part in meetings
- How to run and take part in a conference call
- Tips for avoiding problems in conference calls (Telephone and Video)
DAY 2AM NEGOTIATIONS
- The four stages of negotiation
- The language that goes with each stage
- How to recognise what stage your interlocutor is at and progress the negotiation.
- International issues in negotiation
- How to identify your own management style and compare it with nationalities you deal with
- How to adapt your management style to those you deal with
DAY 2PM NETWORKING
- Why networking matters internationally
- The international cultural faultlines
- Conversational icebreakers and icemakers
- How to talk to people you don’t know
- The four types of listening
- How to achieve ‘active’ listening
- How to make the person you are with feel like there is no-one else in the room.
|Venue:||In-house or client premises|
|Numbers:||One-to-one or groups of up to ten|
|Documentation:||Course manual and communications briefing|
|Equipment:||Data projector, one flipchart per five delegates|
|Contact:||Monica Di Natale, Director,
TECLA Languages Ltd, 31 Southampton Row, London, WC1B 5HJ
020 3014 8949
Please note these are corporate courses. For more information please contact us directly.